Sunday, January 09, 2011

Writing Prompt January 9th

Make a list of the 10 worst things to say to an angry Hermione.  Then, have Ron say one.  What happens?  Does the entire castle explode?  Why was she angry?  Why did Ron say it?

Oh oh. I knew this was coming, but I was hoping I could avoid it for a bit longer. I struggle with any kind of Fan Fiction.

For me, if a story is complete, as I feel Harry Potter is, I can see no reason to 'play' with the characters. I think I worry about ruining a story I love - of messing with something that is already great.

If a story is not great, I can't be bothered to change anything because it isn't worth fixing.

Basically, I have *never* wanted to re-write, change, or even add to a story I love. I don't know why, and I don't think badly of people who do, but I just don't feel that urge.

So, to the Mad Hatter's I won't be doing the prompts that involve 'playing' with somebody else's creations. 

I will however, be glad to read yours!

No comments: