Wednesday, July 07, 2010

New Schedule Day Two - FAIL

In order to get the re-write of my book accomplished in a timely manner I have put myself on a regimented schedule. Yesterday went great with me meeting my afternoon goal and exceeding my morning goal. Day one - success. This bodes well.

Then came today. There are so many things that get in the way of writing - but this morning I experienced the most frustrating and heinous interruption of schedule - the dreaded appointment line to get a dental appointment.

As I don't have insurance I go the Denver Health for my health care. These are the folks that help poor people like me stay marginally healthy. I have two small cavities growing. I need to get them taken care of for many reasons. Not the least of which is that they are on the right side of my mouth. The side that has one lonely molar left.

So last week I went to the dental office - spent 4 hours waiting to be seen - had x-rays and a preliminary 'glance' at the mouth and was told to call this morning between the hours of 8 and 10 to get a 'treatment' appointment. 1.5 hours of dialing and redialing finally got me to a person who said all the appointments are taken - call back in two weeks. Not to be seen - not to get the teeth fixed - but for the chance of getting an appointment. If there isn't one then, well, I can try again in two weeks after that.

American healthcare SUCKS! It is not the best. It is not the most advanced. It is CERTAINLY not the most compassionate!

{sigh} Morning writing session down the tubes. I WILL get back on track for this afternoon. My only hope to save my remaining teeth - get published and sell ALOT of books!

No comments: